- Ed Marquand Partner, Creative Director
- Ed spends much of his time weaving our clients’ and designers’ creative goals with publishing realities and opportunities. Ed started Marquand Books in 1978 to be a graphic design and photography business specializing in work for art galleries, museums, and artists. We developed into an art book publishing company in the mid-1980s, but our core mission hasn’t changed all that much. Ed’s early interest in art, design, and publishing set his professional direction. When he was a young studio-art student, a painting teacher told him that he could make a nice career for himself combining words and images with art. Ed disagreed with him at the time; he was intent on being a brilliant artist. That teacher turned out to be right.
- Adrian Lucia Partner, Managing Director
- Adrian grew up in a book-selling and -publishing family, and
he followed in those footsteps to earn a master’s degree in library and information sciences. He manages new titles and collaborates with clients to develop the direction and scope of projects. Additionally, he coordinates co-publication and distribution arrangements between clients and our publishing contacts. Adrian started with Marquand Books in February 2006 and became partner in December 2012.
- Brynn Warriner Managing Editor
- Brynn heads up the editorial department—creating and maintaining schedules, hiring freelancers, overseeing quality control—and also typesets and proofreads selected book projects. She received her bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, and later a certificate in editing from the University of Washington. Brynn has her nose in a book much of the time, whether at work or not. She has been with the company since January 2006.
- Jeff Wincapaw Design Director
- Jeff has had a love of fine art since the second grade and became the critic and unsolicited art director of fellow students in the fifth grade. He cut his design teeth working on packaging, publications, and ads in the software industry, and has a decade of trade book experience working as a designer and art director. He relishes long-term client interaction and collaboration, resulting in outstanding creative work. Jeff joined Marquand Books in June 2001.
- Donna Wingate Creative Director, East Coast
- Donna has been involved with nearly every aspect of art book publishing for over ten years, including seven years as director of publisher services at D.A.P/ Distributed Art Publishers. As the East Coast creative director for Marquand Books, Donna works directly with client-publishers to develop a wide variety of publications, providing comprehensive project consultation and evaluation from all perspectives: length, format, materials, asset management, price point, scheduling, and trade sales potential. Donna holds an MA in Comparative Literature, an MFA in Photography, and a BA in Comparative Literature, all from San Diego State University.
- Leah Finger Production Manager
- Leah oversees book production by managing printing and delivery schedules, maintaining operations with our prepress house, and collaborating with printers to ensure the highest quality in materials and offset printing. She comes to Marquand Books with many years of experience both in printing and publishing; working here allows Leah to combine her love of art with her skills in production. Leah started with Marquand Books in May 2011.
- Jeremy Linden Production Artist
- Jeremy oversees the nuts-and-bolts digital work required to produce our books and ensures that the designers’ ideas translate properly onto paper. He also designs the in-book maps for titles that include them. He has fourteen years’ work experience in graphic design, desktop publishing, and print production, beginning with cut-and-paste production of his 1989 high school yearbook in Alaska. Jeremy plays rugby, dabbles in DJing, and loves photography. He has been with Marquand Books since October 2005.
- Ryan Polich Design and Production Assistant
- Ryan aids the design and production staff in a number of ways, both on and off of the computer. He holds a BFA in photography and graphic design and has spent the last several years honing his design skills in print production environments. His fascination with print, typography, and design makes working on books something he should have started doing a long time ago; he’s very glad to be doing it now. Ryan started with Marquand Books in January 2011.
- Brielyn Flones Editorial Assistant
- Brielyn supports the editorial department—preparing documents for typesetting, proofing and entering edits to galleys, and editing for the Marquand Books blog. She has a BA in Creative Non-Fiction Writing and an Editing Certificate from the University of Washington. Since starting at Marquand Books in October 2011, her love for art and books is indulged daily.